As homeowners, we all want to create the most comfortable and healthy living environment for ourselves and our families. However, oftentimes we overlook one of the most important aspects of our homes: the air we breathe. Poor indoor air quality can be a major contributing factor to allergies, respiratory issues, and other health problems. The good news is that there are many options available for improving your indoor air quality and creating a healthier home. At Barstow & Sons Heating & Cooling, we are dedicated to helping our customers achieve the best indoor air quality possible. In this blog, we will discuss some options for improving your indoor air quality.
Change Your Air Filters Regularly
One of the simplest and most effective ways to improve your indoor air quality is to change your air filters regularly. Air filters are designed to trap dust, pollen, allergens, and other airborne particles. When the filters become clogged, they can no longer effectively capture these particles, and they are released into the air you breathe. We recommend changing your air filters every one to three months, depending on the level of filtration your home needs.
Invest in an Air Purification System
If you have severe allergies or respiratory issues, consider investing in an air purification system. These systems are designed to remove harmful pollutants from the air, including pet dander, mold spores, and bacteria. There are many different types of air purifiers on the market, including HEPA filters, UV-C light purifiers, and electrostatic precipitators. Our team can help you select the best air purification system for your home. We offer the following indoor air quality solutions:
- Humidifiers: Dry air can lead to health issues such as dry skin, chapped lips, and respiratory problems. Humidifiers can add moisture to the air, making it healthier to breathe and more comfortable to live in. Our team can install a whole-home humidifier that will help alleviate these problems and keep your family comfortable all year round.
- UV Lighting: Ultraviolet (UV) lighting is a popular choice for homeowners looking to improve indoor air quality. These lights are installed within the HVAC system and work to kill mold, bacteria, and viruses that may be circulating through the air. Our UV lighting services can help reduce the spread of illnesses, as well as alleviate allergy and asthma symptoms.
- HEPA Air Filters: High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters are designed to capture a high percentage of airborne particles, including allergens and pollutants. These filters can work wonders for those with allergies or respiratory issues, as they help trap common irritants in the air. Our team can install HEPA filters in your HVAC system to help keep the air in your home clean.
- Disposable & Reusable Air Filters: Air filters are essential for trapping dirt, pollen, and other pollutants that can harm your health. We offer both disposable and reusable air filters, depending on your preference and needs. Our experts can advise you on the best type of air filter for your home and HVAC system.
- Ventilators: Proper ventilation is crucial for maintaining healthy indoor air quality. Our team can install ventilators that will bring fresh air into your home while removing stale air. We can also install energy recovery ventilators, which work to recover heat that would otherwise be lost during the ventilation process. By improving the ventilation in your home, you can reduce the number of pollutants and allergens circulating through the air.
Use Natural Cleaning Products
Many household cleaning products contain harsh chemicals that can contribute to poor indoor air quality. Instead, opt for natural cleaning products that are free of synthetic fragrances and chemical additives. There are many natural cleaning products available, or you can even make your own with ingredients like vinegar, baking soda, and essential oils.
Maintain Your HVAC System
HVAC systems control your home’s indoor air quality. However, over time, filters, coils, and other internal components of the system can accumulate dirt, dust, and other particles. This can result in unpleasant odors, allergies, and respiratory problems. Regular maintenance ensures your HVAC system remains clean and free of bacteria, mold, and other irritants harmful to your health. To keep your HVAC system in good working order, schedule regular tune-ups with our team. We will clean your system, check for any potential issues, and make any necessary repairs.
As individuals, we strive for a healthy lifestyle, consuming food, and water that is free from contaminants. But how often do we measure the quality of the air we breathe? The air in our homes and workplaces might be full of pollutants, including, but not limited to, dust, pollen, pet dander, and mold. The use of indoor ventilation can help curb the concentration of these contaminants in the air, which, in turn, reduces risk factors for respiratory diseases such as asthma, allergies, and lung infections. Surprisingly, improving ventilation can be quite simple, like cracking open a window on a breezy day or installing exhaust fans in your kitchen and bathroom. You may also consider installing a whole-house ventilation system to improve air circulation throughout your home. Once you start implementing these measures, you’ll notice a positive difference in your home’s atmosphere and reap the benefits of cleaner air.
Improve Your Indoor Air Quality in Annapolis & Pasadena, MD Today!
Breathing clean air is vital for our health and well-being, especially when it comes to indoor environments. Polluted air can cause health problems, such as allergies or chronic respiratory diseases. That’s why it’s essential to choose a trustworthy heating and cooling company that can improve your indoor air quality. Barstow & Sons Heating & Cooling is ready to provide you with exceptional service from quality technicians. We have a variety of products and services that can help clean and purify your air, from air cleaners to duct cleaning and sealing. Moreover, we use eco-friendly products and work towards reducing energy waste, ensuring you get effective and sustainable solutions. If you have any questions or concerns about your home’s air quality, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team. We are always here to help.